January 04, 2012

One more (zombie) thing


OK, for the record, I never swore off blogging about zombies. I just said I planned on cutting back a bit. And I have, mostly.

But a friend sent me this item about how Delaware County Ohio health officials used volunteer “zombies” to help with a hazardous materials decontamination drill. When the call for zombies went out, people came from as far as 100 miles away to join in. They were given instructions for makeup and those who needed it  got help in that department. There was even a “best zombie walk” contest.

Fortunately for the volunteers, they were decontaminated with a fire hose and candy rather than having their brains whacked.  But some zombiephobes, including no doubt my over-educated daughter, would want to remind the public that real zombies won’t go down that easy.

(Said daughter also has a thing about bears…which makes me wonder about the possibility of a zombie/bear alliance.)

GEARING UP FOR THE SOCIAL JUSTICE FIGHTS OF 2012? Click here.

ARGUMENTATIVE TEENS may not be such a bad thing.

APOCALYPSE NOW? Maybe not.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

No comments: