July 21, 2007

WEEKEND SPECIAL: GOODBYE TO LOVE


For first time visitors, it is the policy of this blog to deal with fairly serious issues during the week. Mostly.

Weekends, however, are reserved for the contributions of various talking animals in and around Goat Rope Farm.

This weekend, we once again welcome Ferdinand the Love Peacock who periodically writes an advice column for the romantically challenged.

It is our hope that features such as these will promote greater (bio) diversity of opinions and a deeper appreciation of both the humanities and the animalities.

FERDINAND THE LOVE PEACOCK'S ADVICE FOR THE LOVELORN

Dear Ferdinand,

I've been involved in a long, sort of joking, sort of flirting relationship with someone at work. How can I tell when it starts getting serious? When should I make a move?

Signed,

Puzzled in Parkersburg

Dear Puzzled,

I am sorry, but your question no longer interests me. Do as you think fit.

I am sick of love. Since springtime, I have been a veritable acolyte of Aphrodite, an accomplished initiate in the mysteries of amorousity. But look at me now--my feathers have started falling out. I'm tired of shaking them. Display has no more delights for me.

I have decided to pledge myself to celibacy and embrace Lady Chastity. I will live henceforth as a monastic.

At least until next spring...

Ferdinand the Love Peacock

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

No comments: