March 10, 2007

WEEKEND SPECIAL: INTRODUCING THE HYPNOTIST POSSUM



For first time readers, this blog runs fairly serious commentary during the week on social and economic justice issues.

The gratuitous animal pictures that accompany the posts are just kind of there.

During the weekend, however, the animals get to speak for themselves.

This week, we introduce a creature recently banished from Goat Rope Farm for looking with inappropriate longing at our fuzzy chickens. He declines to give his name and his behavior led us to refer to him simply as "The Hypnotist Possum."

THE HYPNOTIST POSSUM SPEAKS...

You do not see me. This is because I am not here.

And if I was here, I would be perfectly hidden by this tiny branch of a tree which is hanging down in front of my nonexistent and invisible face.

I am invisibility itself.

And if I was here, I would be dead and you have a deep and abiding fear of dead possums.

Given that I am a combination of nonexistence, invisibility, and lifeless organic matter, I am no concern of yours. And if I was here, visible, and/or living, I would not be looking with longing at your stupid fuzzy little chickens.

Go on about your business. And, yes, you are getting sleepy, very sleepy...


Gotta go. It's nap time.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was that? Was someone saying something? Zzzzzzz....

El Cabrero said...

I don't know...I must have missed it? Where's the chickens?

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence ... I didn't see a possum eat my trash last week. Those pesky buggers don't seem to be everywhere. or maybe I should say they're always nowhere.

El Cabrero said...

That's just the think, Kevert.
See, iffin it's a hypnotizin' possum, there just ain't no telling what ate your garbage.