October 21, 2013

Full point

In another lifetime, I used to referee karate tournaments. That was before I became convinced that karate should never have been turned into a sport and way before my trip to the Holy Land, aka Okinawa.

When I did ref though, I tried to be fair and watch as closely as possible regardless of what I thought of a competitor, his/her teacher or style and call em like I saw em.

In that spirit, I hereby call "Ippon!" (that's full point in Japanese) for Ohio Governor John Kasich, who pushed through, perhaps a bit roughly, Medicaid expansion for his state despite his firm Republican credentials.

And, once again, shame and nothing but shame on the rulers of the states that refuse this basic act of humanity. As Krugman argued today, the arguments against Medicaid expansion are just plain lousy.

No comments: