April 23, 2012

There's a switch

For the record, I have never said that I wasn't an idiot. The following incident is yet another reason that I forgo making that claim...

I have this laptop for work that I use when I'm on the road. A while back I noticed that the wireless didn't work on it anymore. I figured it must be a virus or something. Anyhow, I finally got around to calling the AFSC computer help desk.

I explained my problem and gave the model number. Then, with great delicacy and patience, the person told me politely that there was a switch on the side of the computer that turned it on and off. Sure nuff, there was. I flipped it and it worked.

I felt like Gilda Radner's Emily Litella character on the old Saturday Night Live. "Never mind!"

Would that all problems could be solved that easily. And that we didn't wait so long to ask for help.

AUSTERITY isn't much of a hit in Europe these days.

CEO PAY info here.

THE DREADED BRAIN FREEZE explained here.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

1 comment:

Hollowdweller said...

That rocks. Glad it's working for you.

One thing I wish I had learned earlier was to ask questions w/o worrying about feeling stupid.