April 19, 2011

Since when was a marathon a sprint?

Even though the world is going to hell in a handbasket, I can't help but pause to note that Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai (birth certificate status unknown) ran the fastest marathon ever in Boston, with a time of 2 hours, two minutes and three seconds, almost a minute faster than the previous record.


It looks like it's only a matter of time before somebody breaks the two hour threshold.


I've done three marathons myself and usually it takes me about a week. Well, it seems like it anyway. I'm not sure I could go 26.2 that fast on a bicycle.


Maybe if it was all downhill...


THE FACTS ON TAXES can be found here.


DENY THIS. Here's something from the Washington Post on politically motivated climate change denial.


WHAT WE'RE MISSING OUT ON: a lot.


GOING FISHING, orangutan style. OK, so they use tools. But do they lie about the once that got away?


URGENT BUCKTOOTH DINOSAUR UPDATE here.


GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

No comments: