November 16, 2011

Perfect. Not.

Today, as I was driving my car in the rain, fiddling with my iPhone, working a crossword puzzle, repairing a chain saw and playing my guitar (not really--I can't repair chain saws), a friend sent me a sadly funny series of text messages.

The first one read thus:




I just got asked if I read [Ayn] Rand.


The second read thus:




They went on to say they pick up the audio books at the library.


The third one read thus:




I said, "You do see the irony in that, right?"


(Rand didn't believe in public libraries...or pretty much public anything.)

According to my friend, the Randite in question "didn't even understand when I pointed it out." He went on to say "There is a huge disconnect in this world." Amen to that.

"OCCUPYING OUR DEMOCRACY." Here's Robert Reich on the first amendment rights of corporations and the lack thereof for some people.

MORE ON THAT here.

CLIMATE CHANGE AND WEIRD WEATHER discussed here.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

No comments: