January 10, 2013

Speaking in tongues

El Cabrero has always found Jared Diamond to be a writer worth reading. You may recall some of his titles, including Guns, Germs and Steel and Collapse. I'm going to be on the lookout for his latest, The World Until Yesterday: What Can We Learn from Traditional Societies?

Here's an interesting NPR story that features Diamond on the virtues of speaking more than one language.

I would only add that an additional benefit is the ability to cuss in more than one language. Spanish has some great expressions that never had occurred to me, particularly those regarding milk and mothers. I was kinda jealous when I first learned of them...why didn't I ever think of that?

WARRIOR ONE, TWO, THREE...And here's an item on how yoga is helping many combat veterans recover from mental and physical trauma.

FINALLY, TRUST ME. I have brown eyes.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

No comments: