March 15, 2012

Two omens

I have a feeling today will be out of the ordinary, due to two omens in the last 12 hours. First, my overeducated daughter would be pleased to know that I had a dream about a zombie apocalypse. A lot of it had to do with getting the right equipment. I'll spare you the gory details, but let me just say that if you're going to rumble with flesh eating walking dead you need good gear.

The second omen occured while jogging along Ben Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia, when I saw someone walking (or being walked by) a Great Pyrenees who looked like a smaller version of Arpad, my Sweet Little Angel Baby from Jesus in Heaven. I managed to hug the beast and asked the owner how one manages such a monster in the city. I was told it wasn't easy and that a lot of walks were involved.

Something must be in the air....

NO TIME FOR LINKS TODAY.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

1 comment:

Hollowdweller said...

Love the Big Dogs!

Back in the day this guy who used to tour had this big pyr. It was an especially magnificient and good natured animal.

I saw it in parking lots of Dead shows in IN, VA, KY and OH.

I remember seeing it one time on a leash in the parking lot at Deer Creek and giving him a bit pet. Wondered what he thought about all the tye died crazies and even more the ungodly heat with such a beautiful coat.