January 03, 2012

Never. Happen. Here.

When I learned that Ohio officials suspended activities at a well pumping fracking liquid underground after several earthquakes in the area, I felt a little jealous.

I hate to say it, but I don't think something like that would never happen in West Virginia. Given the fact that  too many state leaders have such cozy relationships with extractive industries, it would be unthinkable that they would inconvenience any such industry in the least regardless of the damage done to the public or the land itself.

SO THAT'S WHY IT WAS A LOUSY YEAR. Here are some pretty telling charts about the state of the economy in 2011.

THIS THING ON SCORPION EYES kinda weirded me out.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

1 comment:

Bob_Lem said...

Your link to the scorpion eyes article a definite public service Rick!

- Lem