August 28, 2011

Scoped

Posts from this blog may be a bit irregular this week. I'm having knee surgery Monday and may be out of it for a while. That might be my excuse, anyhow.

The knee in question has been cranky for a long time but has gotten a lot worse this summer. Every step has been painful. I've had to give up several things I like to do, including jogging, jumping rope, kicking a heavy bag, and sparring in karate.

I mean, jeez, it's been nearly three months since I kicked anybody in the head. I'm going through withdrawal.

The procedure is pretty simple, arthroscopic surgery on an outpatient basis. The only part of it I'm dreading is the wait. I'm not supposed to go in until 1:30 p.m. and have been told not to eat or drink anything after midnight. That wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that the instructions perversely include coffee as well. It's gonna be a long morning.

Still, I look forward to having my leg back at some point.

THE DREAM AND THE MONUMENT. Here's an op-ed by a friend of mine on the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. from someone who knew him.

GOING TO BAT FOR HEALTH CARE REFORM. While we're at it, here's another Gazette op-ed from another friend in defense of the Affordable Care Act.

BAD RIGHT WING IDEA #5857495. Mandatory drug testing for public assistance in Florida hasn't turned up very many users.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

1 comment:

Hollowdweller said...

El Cabrero,

I hope your knee surgery goes well.
Smoke up for your safe recovery.