January 12, 2011

Jackpot!


We interrupt Goat Rope's regularly scheduled program for this animal update.

Everybody has a favorite time of the year. If you are anything like me, that would be one of the warmer ones. But Arpad, Goat Rope Farm's trusty chief of security, loves this time of the year. Not only is it cold enough (he likes it under 30), but thanks to dear season, there are all kinds of tasty treats to be found in the woods.

Just yesterday, he showed up with this rancid deer hide. Judging from the sheer rankness of the trophy, I'd date it from bow season. As you can see, things couldn't get much better for him.

Some days, I like to give my little 150+ pound angel baby a big hug. But I think I'll pass for a day or two.

TALKING VIOLENCE. Here's more on overheated political rhetoric.

DEAD SKUNKS AND MORE are among the themes of the latest edition of the Rev. Jim Lewis' Notes from Under the Fig Tree.

THOUGHTS ON QUITTING here.

GOT CULTURE? Lemurs do.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

1 comment:

Hollowdweller said...

"Sheer Rankness"

Damn. I love that.