August 10, 2009

Book em


El Cabrero is furloughed for the next two weeks. However, feel no fret. Goat Rope will continue to appear on its regular schedule although posts will be prepared in advance and will appear without links or comments about current events.

I thought a good way of killing a few days blogging might be to talk about books. It might be fun to come up with a top 10 list of the books. I hope that by doing that, it might encourage you, Gentle Reader, to do the same.

Here's the method I'm going to use. Rather than writing about favorite books or even books I agree with, I'm going to focus on those books that had the biggest impact on me growing up in more or less chronological order up to around age 20.

So what would be on your list? Stay tuned for mine...


GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: INDETERMINATE

2 comments:

Dan Kurland said...

Check Out "Goat Song" by Brad Kessler

hollowdweller said...

Hmmm. My list?

The Bible

They Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain(story not book)

The Autobiography of Malcolm X

The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Bloodletting in Appalachia.

The Best of Hillbilly by Jim Comstock

Be here now- Ram Dass

A Childs Garden of Grass

Divine Rights Trip