January 02, 2009

A word from the wise


"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 1749-1832


I don't know about y'all but plenty of days go by when I can't say that.

SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE TAKES ON MOUNTAINTOP REMOVAL MINING here.

STATE OF THE STATES. In this op-ed, Paul Krugman warns that states that slash spending in the recession could wind up making things worse.

SAVING FACE. A new study suggests that facial expressions are innate, not learned.

CLONED PETS, ANYONE? Some people are saying yes.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't say that I have agreed with every statement of Goethe that I have encountered, but I do on that one.