July 22, 2006

WEEKEND SPECIAL: DENNY DIMWIT WAXES POETIC


Introductory note: It is the editorial practice of the Goat Rope to reserve its weekend commentary for a regular distinguished guest.

This is none other than bantam rooster and noted free market economist Dr. Denton "Denny" Dimwit. Dr. Dimwit generally uses this space to comment, not altogether favorably, on Goat Rope's content for the previous week.

It is our found hope that by sharing diverse viewpoints we will reduce the tragic polarization of our times and contribute to a climate of profound mutual respect, deep listening, and civil discourse.

THE DIMWIT DISPATCH

Crudawackapatootarini! The stupidity of this blog never ceases to amaze me.

What's all this wacky stuff about poetry this week? What's poetry ever done to contribute to the bottom line anyway? Blake sounds like a troublemaker to me. I say stick all the artsy types in a private prison and make em work for their feed.

But don't get the wrong idea. I can be just as poetic as the next guy. Here's a REAL poem for you:

There once was a rooster named Denny
who had an enormous BIG hen-ny
He said "She's with me!" and he shouted with glee
"Now let's let the good times begin-ny!"

Now that's poetry. And you know what? Huh? It's all true. Check out the picture. The little handsome sensitive guy is me. And see what's beside me? Yeah, baby. That's what I'm talking about. That's one BIG hen. And did I mention SHE'S WITH ME! Yowza.
Talk about life imitating art...

That's the beauty of the market.

And that's the truth. You bet your cloaca.


GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

No comments: